Thursday, September 20, 2012

Zucchini Bread

I was at my friend Jen's house yesterday having a little playdate with the kiddos and she offered me some zucchini bread that she had made. That's when it hit me- I LOVE ZUCCHINI BREAD- why have I not thought of making any (in many, many years?!) Maybe it's because it has been so long since I've had any (but I seriously doubt it) but this was the BEST I have EVER tried! I had to have more- now! We made these loaves this morning and one is already gone!



Zucchini Bread
1-1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup canola oil
2 egg whites
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 can (8oz.) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
1/3 cup walnuts (optional)
In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, oil, egg whites, egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in the zucchini, pineapple, and walnuts.
Pour into two 8 large or 4 small loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Cool before serving.
Original recipe came from Taste of Home 2011.


Happy Baking!


No comments: