Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kid's Thanksgiving Stuffing

I saw this pattern for Kid's Thanksgiving stuffing last year in  Family Fun Magazine. I finished most of it a few weeks ago but haven't posted it yet because I had not yet sewn the cornucopia. It would have been nice if it would have been posted early enough for those of you who would like to have time before Thanksgiving but you can hold on to it for next year like I did!


Pattern includes: cornicopia, pumpkin, apple, eggplant, butternut squash, turnip, apple, onion, garlic, corn, carrot, green beans, acorn squash, tomato, potato and pear.


The only thing that I really did different from the pattern is that since I was taking so much time already, I cut two pieces for all the stems and sewed them together also to make them more sturdy to last through toddler play.


Click HERE for the template for the Thanksgiving stuffing. They claim that this project will take 1-2 hours but I warn you that they LIE! Between cutting the template, cutting the felt and hand sewing 16 pieces total, I'm guessing it was closer to 5-6 hours. Maybe it took their entire staff 1-2 hours as they worked on it together, who knows!

 Making stew with the vegetables!

 Taste test to make sure that it's just right!

 No sense crying over spilt...stew!






I hope you enjoyed and have fun making your own! I am hooked on the felt food and might venture onto some fried eggs, bacon and toast that I saw on another blog!

Amy



No comments: