Monday, August 8, 2011

The Best Window Wash

I personally like to use homemade or natural store bought cleaners to save my family money and the addition of more chemicals in their lives. Also, it is great to be able to let my kids help me wash windows (yes, they actually love to help for now) knowing that they are not going to inhale Windex or accidentally spray something harmful in their eyes!
This glass cleaner works well. It gets the job done. It is a lot cheaper than even the cheapest window cleaner out there. Is it my absolute favorite? No, but it does a good job and again, I can let the kids help!


The Best Window Wash

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vegetable-oil-based liquid soap (for this I use my Seventh Generation Dish Soap)
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups water (I use warm tap water)
spray bottle

Just put all the ingredients into the spray bottle, shake it up a bit, and use as you would any window cleaner!

You can leave the solution in the bottle. It does not need to be made new each time.

This recipe comes from Clean & Green, The Complete Guide to Nontoxic and Environmentally Safe Housekeeping by Annie Berthold-Bond


No comments: