Monday, August 8, 2011

Disinfectant Spray

I LOVE this cleaner! I use it in the kitchen in place of 409 for counter tops, appliances, cupboards and the stove (OK, I guess I use it for EVERYTHING in the kitchen!) I think it actually works better than store bought cleaners! It cuts through grease and really leaves everything shiny, spotless and with no streaks. If you are sceptical or just don't believe me, try it for yourself!

Disinfectant, Antimildew, and Gets-Appliances-Shiny Cleaner

1 teaspoon borax (if you haven't used this before, you can find it in a green box in the "cleaner"aisle)
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 teaspoon vegetable-oil-based liquid soap (I use Seventh Generation dish soap)
2 cups very hot tap water
spray bottle

Combine the borax, vinegar, and liquid soap in a spray bottle. Add very hot tap water, shaking the bottle gently until the minerals have dissolved. Spray onto the area to be cleaned and off with a sponge.

This recipe is from Clean & Green, The Complete Guide to Nontoxic and Environmentally Safe Housekeeping by Annie Berthold-Bond

No comments: