Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baby Shower Gift Set

So- for those of you who may have been watching my obsessive baby gift sewing recently, here it is!

 I don't know if I'm the only one who does this but with larger projects on a deadline I keep going back and forth between "I'm right on schedule" and "I'm never going to get this finished in time!" My fear of the second becoming reality gave me the incentive to keep diligently working on these gifts! I do have to admit, however, that I didn't get two receiving blankets done before the shower but she'll get them before the baby's born (which actually reminds me that I should do those today!)

Here's a final look at the collection I created:
A stack of adorable burp cloths is an essential for any baby! The phrase "you can lay the baby in the dresser drawer if you need to" may possibly be true (and maybe disturbing) if you don't yet have a crib but you NEED  burp clothes if you don't want your shirt to become one! OK- a little bit of exaggeration but who would WANT to have a baby without these?

Next on the list is the gift that I'm the most thrilled with the outcome- the stroller bag! Man, do I wish I had one of these when my kids were still in a stroller instead of have to dig for five minutes any time I wanted anything from the bag shoved underneath!

Here are the pacifier clips and the tag blankie! Hopefully both with help to keep my new niece happy as a lark! No fallen or lost pacifiers and a super cuddle blankie with tons of ribbons to keep her busy!

And last but not least the quilted changing pad and nursing cover! I saw a mom at the zoo yesterday nursing her baby with a mildly nervous look on her face. I felt bad for her and wished I could just pull a cover out of my bag and give it to her.  For those of us women who aren't comfortable with the thought of flashing the crowd, the nursing cover is probably the best non-essential gift ever! Actually, after having two kids, I WOULD put it in the essential category.

On to finish posting the rest of the shower!

1 comment:

Wenni Donna said...

That's a perfect gift for sure! Went for the welcome party on my neighbor's baby arrival few days back. Their choice of booking one of the nearly located event space San Francisco was praiseworthy. Lunch in buffet stations was managed differently and sweets were given to all as return gifts. Cute baby captured the eyes of all guests.