Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nursing Cover

This is the nursing cover that I made for the upcoming baby shower. I first created this when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had seen some "high end" nursing covers when I had my first child but they were so expensive that I lived without. As I prepared for the arrival of my second, I knew I would have one of these and my need to be frugal led me to create my own pattern. I looked at all the features that I liked from the expensive covers and put them into my creation.

My nursing covers are two sided (I personally don't like seeing the backside of the fabric), have nice wide straps with D rings for adjusting, flat boning to keep the top propped open for Mommy-baby contact and air flow (unfortunately this can not be purchased for personal use in stores anymore but let me know if you really want to get your hands on some) and extra wide coverage (36"!!) for more privacy.
It's a little hard to tell from this picture but this is the inside of the nursing cover. Isn't it nice for Mommy to see the same pretty pattern? AND it creates  very nice, clean seams!
Here you can see how nicely the strap tucks into the top seam and you don't end up with a layered "box" stitched on top of the cover!

Up until now I have made probably  60 some of these! I do sell them on in a number of retail locations and on my business blog Chic Threads by Amy so unfortunately I am not going to do a tutorial for these but feel free to contact me with any questions if you are trying to recreate!

Happy Sewing (and nursing!)

Amy

No comments: