Thursday, October 27, 2011

Acorn Kisses


(At this point I am realizing that maybe I could have put them on something nicer than a paper plate but oh well)

I have seen these babies in a number of places this year. No wonder that they are this fall's hot treat because they are so stinkin' cute! What's even better is that they are easy and don't require a culinary degree to make them! My children enjoyed helping me make these but I warn that this is more like a very messy craft project for them and is not for those who are faint of heart when it comes to doing craft type projects with their children. They looked like Willy Wonka's grandkids when we were finished!
This is everything you need to make the Acorn Kisses- Hershey Kisses, Nutter Butter Bites, thin pretzels and chocolate chips!
First, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is completely melted.
I found that it works best if you put the melted chocolate on the cookie and then place the Kiss on top. Sometimes I used the entire cookie and other times I twisted the cookie apart. Do whichever you prefer.
Place the Kisses on wax paper to dry.
Once the chocolate is dry, attach the pretzel tops by slightly re-melting the chocolate (do not melt too far or the chocolate will be too soft to stick onto the cookie) and dipping one end. Try to get a small glob on it so there is enough chocolate to "glue" the pretzels. Let dry and you have adorable acorns!
Enjoy!

No comments: