Monday, January 23, 2012

Golden Book Baby Shower Invitation

 Here are the invitations for the upcoming baby shower for my sister-in-law:


I can only accept a tiny amount of credit for these adorable invitations. I knew that I wanted to do a book themed shower and found an entire shower based on Golden Books at Aesthetic Nest. This woman is crazy talented. Check it out- she even "whipped out" a Little Tug Boat painting the night before which is awesome!!! Being slightly less creative than her I decided to pretty much copy her shower ideas and add just a few additions of my own!


The only change that I made to her invitation pdf that you can find HERE is that I assembled the invitations by printing out a sheet of the animals on yellow and then printing the invitation separate and a copy of the picture and sticking them together with scrapbook circles. This took a little finagling with copy and pasting her invite pieces to a word document but I got it to work in the end. I also printed a copy of the picture and added it to the back of the envelope. Her invitation pdf allows you to simply add your information if you don't want to make any changes.


I plan to add a little more vintage flair with some of the original Fisher Price and other awesome wooden toys that my mom still has from when my brothers & I were little.

Stay tuned to see how it turns out!

Amy

No comments: