Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tag Blankie!

I finally got a small start on my bundle of baby shower gifts for my sister-in-law!

Here is my first item on my gift list to make:

This tag blankie was super simple! I found the "pattern" (you don't really need one) from "Simple Sewing for Baby" by Lotta Jansdotter. I was going to give a link to her site but for some reason this book isn't for sale there. It really has a ton of super-cute super-easy projects for baby items!


This tag blankie is basically two 13x13 pieces of fabric sandwiched right sides together. Then insert the ribbon (folded in half) between the two pieces. Pin, sew with 1/2 inch allowance, leaving 3 inches open. Turn right side out, trim seams to 1/4 inch (except at opening), iron flat & run a stitch around the edge. Wooala! A tag blankie! I will see how my niece likes this one but when I make more in the future I'm thinking that I might make the ribbon a little shorter.

Happy Sewing!

Amy

No comments: